Sausage Ragu with Linguine
In Australia, the sausage mince can be used as meatballs or seasoned mince meat after pulled off the skin of sausage.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, basil, 1 chilly
- 500g fresh pork sausage
- 2 tomato tin(whole) 800g
- 300g linguine
- 4 tbsp fresh Parmigianino Reggiano, grated
- Handful fresh basil
- Remove the skin from sausage and make small balls. Put the tin tomato in a big bowl and crash the tomato with folk.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic with low heat. Once aroma come up, then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add the sausage balls to the pan and gently cook for 4-5minutes. Add crashed tomato and the bay leaf, basil and chilly, simmer for 15-20 minutes without a lid, until the volume reduced 2/3. Seasoned with salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar.
- Meanwhile, Cook the linguine for 5-6 minutes until tender.
- Drain the pasta reserving 1/4cups of water and return the pasta to the pan. Ladle the sauce into the pan and reserved pasta water and gently toss.
- Serve the pasta on a plate and sprinkle freshly grated cheese onto the pasta.